News from the desk of Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) and Labour Department, Govt. of Rajasthan
August 06, 2021
Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) on 30th day of July, 2021 issued a general circular providing clarification on spending of CSR funds for Covid-19 vaccination (“Circular”).
Brief of the Circular is as follows:-
The Circular clarifies the spending of CSR funds on Covid-19 vaccination of people other than its employees of their family members would be an eligible CSR activity under item number (i) of Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013, relating to promotion of healthcare and item number (xii) relating to disaster management.
The aforesaid activity would be subject to fulfillment of Companies (CSR Policy) Rules, 2014 and the circulars related to CSR issued by the MCA from time to time in this regard.
The complete text of the Circular may be viewed at below link:
News from the desk of Labour Department, Govt. of Rajasthan
The Labour Department of the Government of Rajasthan (“Rajasthan Govt.”) has issued a notification dated 30th July, 2021 (“the Notification”) for the purpose of revising minimum wages of Scheduled Employment under the Minimum Wages Act, 1948.
In accordance with section 3(1) of Minimum Wages Act, 1948; the Rajasthan govt. has increased the daily and monthly minimum wages as per the below table.
This following rates of minimum wages shall be applicable in respect of unskilled, semiskilled, skilled and highly skilled categories; apart from these many other categories/ work have been mentioned in the Notification (for more details refer to the link below):-
|Category||Minimum wages per month||Minimum daily wages|
The Notification will be effective from 01st July, 2020.
The complete text of the Notification may be viewed at below link:
Article contributed by:
Senior Associate- Legal
- News from the desk of MCA, EPFO and MSME
- Clarification on spending of CSR funds for setting up makeshift hospitals and temporary COVID care facilities
- Companies (Share Capital and Debentures) Amendment Rules, 2021 : Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA):
- MCA extends due dates for conducting board meetings for restricted items and has issued a clarification on the passing of ordinary and special resolutions by companies
- MCA Extends Suspension of Fresh Proceedings Under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) Till Mar’2021 and Appoints 21/12/2020 as date for Certain Provisions to Come Into Force