Business Process Reengineering
April 11, 2020
Business process reengineering (BPR) involves the radical redesign of core business processes to achieve greater improvements in productivity, time cycle and quality.
In BPR, companies start from beginning and redesign the existing processes to deliver more value to the customer.
- Reduces cost and cycle time
- Helps in improving quality
BPR consists of five major steps.
- Refocus company values according to the needs of customer.
- Redesigning of core processes.
- Reorganize the business into cross-functional teams with end-to-end responsibility.
- Rethink basic organizational and people issues.
- Improve business processes of the organization.
- Identify the process to be re-engineered – If you’re deciding to re-engineer, it might be obvious which process needs changing. If not, you need to keep some things in mind when selecting:
- Feasible to alter
- It’s best to assign the task of reengineering a specific process to a team member who knows that process intimately. This might be the person who first made it, or the person who runs it regularly.
- Read current process documents
- Define a new process Maps and SOP’s – After analyzing the process and mapping them, it should be clear where the areas of inefficiency are.
- Can part of it be automated? Is data being passed manually between departments? Are you still using paper?
- The idea of BPR isn’t just slightly tweaking a bad process like you would do when optimizing. If it’s bad, it may need rebuilding from the ground up with no semblance of its original self.
- Test the process.
MBG is a leading international Legal, Risk, M&A, Tax, Strategy, Technology & Audit advisory firm. Our Technology division provides the most up-to-date BPR services for businesses across the spectrum. We thoroughly analyze and improving the process flow of businesses, ensuring increased efficiency and less wasted time. With access to the latest digital business technologies, we provide a wide range of tools and software that can be incorporated to ensure business continuity and productivity. Our goal is to help our clients maintain disruption free workflows, while also improving how they operate at a fundamental level.
Zubeen KaziAbout Author:
Zubeen Kazi is the Leader in digital Transformation with over 13 years of experience in private, public and government sectors. He has successfully Lead and executed projects such as ERP implementation, Intelligent Automation, Custom web and Enterprise Mobile Application, Cloud migration and Infrastructure projects.
Zubeen is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP), Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certified, ITIL (V3) Expert and also Certified Agile scrum master